Ok, over the past 10 years I’ve done an assortment of partnership, JV and work for equity projects.
Some have been successful, some never got going, a few I’ve walked away from when I’ve realised that it wasn’t for me.
So from these experiences I have created a set of personal guidelines.
- I require a 50% share minimum. I will start at 100% and I will go for a controlling interest.
- You (The partner) will provide a business plan with timelines and costings.
- No work begins without contracts. You will be responsible for all legals, tax and regulatory matters.
- Contracts will be for no more than 3 months with clear performance targets and wind up clauses for not meeting targets.
- Your offer is of more value to you than to me. You need me for the project, I do not need the project.
- I have very clear life goals and live to a 10 year plan. I will not divert from these plans.
- I try to live my perfect day every day. I will not make life style changes to accommodate your vision or work expectations.
- I will not engage in the role of an employee. I am not your IT guy, office minding guy, spill over person.
- My time will be valued at no less than $500 per hour. If payment is deferred, you will be liable for payment eventually.
- Your ideas are valueless, the money is in the implementation.
So you think you can work with that,
Bring it on…